Roadside Architecture

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 10: Alabama & Georgia

A near record high today in northern AL/GA -- mid-80s. In the afternoon, I managed to find a stream for the dogs to play and swim in. Great fun! And how could I resist some homemade peach ice cream in Clanton, AL:



***********************************

In the morning, I spent some time at the Ave Maria Grotto in Cullman, AL. Ya gotta love Joseph Zoettl's obsession with architecture. I was delighted to see in his California missions section a representation for my hometown (born & raised in Ventura):



***********************************

Zoettl also had a sense of humor as evidenced in this nicely detailed sidewalk chipmunk crossing:



***********************************

These creepy characters were in front of a restaurant in Rome, GA:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home