Roadside Architecture

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day 10: Still More Wisconsin

I took tons of photos today and covered a lot of ground. Got to a good part of the northern Wisconsin stuff on my list. One more day and that will be about all I can manage before starting the journey home. I have four more days left on this trip before I have to be back at work.

We started the day out with a nice romp at a Wisconsin "dog area" in Manitowoc. I don't know if it's the hunting lobby that needs to exercise their working dogs or if this state is just dog-friendly but there seems to be a lot of these places. Here's a great website for finding off-leash dog places all over the country:
http://www.ecoanimal.com/dogfun/





**********************************

From Green Bay, here's another nice detail from a former car showroom (the building itself was a big brick -- nothing interesting otherwise):



**********************************************

I will admit, when no homemade ice cream is available, a Peanut Buster from Dairy Queen does me just fine. I love their photo-realist billboards:






**********************************

Speaking of junk food, here's a new find for me today. Seems to be a Wisconsin thing -- cheesecake on a stick! It was quite good and I might try to find another one before I leave the state.





**********************************

A sad sight today -- an abandoned mini golf south of Birnamwood, WI:



**********************************

A nicely restored oil truck seems to be on regular display at the Shell station in Antigo:




**********************************

I love the anal-retentiveness of these giant labeled travel map signs:



**********************************

This was almost tempting enough to stick around Manitowish Waters for. I'd love to see a skiing skeeter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home