Roadside Architecture

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 11: More Idaho

Tonight, I had the good fortune to get together with fellow Flickr-ite (Roadsidepictures) that I hadn't met before. What was supposed to be a half hour break, turned into a fun all-nighter -- so this blog posting is a day late.

I got a lot done in Idaho. The predetermined stops mostly hugged the interstate, with a couple of time-consuming exceptions. The weather, once again, was hot but otherwise perfect. At night a cool breeze came in and it was really a lovely relief.

For years, I had wanted to see dinosaur in Bliss, ID (a photo of it over at the agilitynut Flickr account). He stands next to this rock & gift shop which looks like it's been closed for years.



************************************

Across the street, the Oxbow Cafe is also now closed. According to Roadsidepictures, there was a food poisoning incident and that did them in.




********************************************************

Still standing next to the former restaurant, there is a smaller dinosaur. After taking my photos of him, I noticed that he seemed to be smiling at Sparkle & the kids. The rock shop is visible in the background with the bigger dinosaur at the far right.



********************************************************

Next to the boarded up Oxbow, there's a gas station still hanging on. These storage tanks are located behind it:



********************************************************

In Boise, I noticed this Jack in the Box. I've never seen one like it before. I don't know if it's a new style or just something uniquely created for this location.



********************************************************

One of Fixie's endearing habits is letting me know when she needs petting by waving at me. She only ever does this in the van. It's a very slow motion wave coupled with a desperate expression.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home